Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Slipping away...

These past few weeks...more than ever, I feel the baby stage slipping away. All along I have been OK with the little milestones that Parker has reached...each one passing with more excitement on my part than sadness. Even his one year birthday came and went with mostly positive feelings. Now as I snuggle with Parker at bedtime (my favorite part of the day) I can barely hold him because he has gotten so big. Still a skinny little string bean but so tall! I have been trying so hard to remember each moment that passes, each shared little hug or quiet moment because I know before long he will be TOO big to snuggle and TOO cool to hug me! I bought a journal (something I wish I had done a long time ago) and I have been trying really hard to jot down funny things he says or does so we can look back some day and smile/laugh. He is just the sweetest little guy and it amazes me that our love for him can continue to grow beyond what I already think is the MOST love we have to share. We are constantly in amazement of how smart he is and treasure each passing moment. Here are a few of the funny things he's been up to lately:
- Patrick got an Ipad for work and of course Parker has mastered it quicker than Patrick and I. Now that he realizes that Mommy's touch screen phone and Daddy's touch screen computer are fun, he can't quite figure out why our flat screen TV isn't also "Touch Screen."- Smart Cookie!
- He's starting to follow along when I read to him, repeating certain words and phrases, he will sing along to certain songs and has even started randomly saying different parts of the ABC song and his numbers.
- He loves his blankey and will drag that thing along for everything. He also loves his stuffed animals right now, I mean LOVES them. In fact, sometimes when we go say our final goodnights we will peek into his crib and he will literally have 10 different animals in there with him. Some nights we can't even find him. I wonder if he gets up in the morning and wonders, "Where did all of my animals go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment