Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Get-a-Way!

One of the things I have struggled with the most since becoming a mom...(OK maybe something I have always struggled with) is finding time for myself. I know it is about 99% my own fault as I always try to bite off more than I can chew but I am hoping I can work on this in the coming year. For those of you who have read my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days you will see that one of my most important goals is finding ways to carve out time for myself so I can recharge and re energize and hopefully become a better mom, wife and friend as a result.

A few weeks ago me and my girlfriends were sitting around talking about how nice it must be for our husbands who always seem to find time to golf and just spend time together! As we started to complain I brought up a spontaneous idea to get a room down in Atlanta for the night, just the four of us to do some retail therapy and enjoy a nice dinner out! Right then and there we pulled out the laptop and I booked us a room at the Marriott Buckhead (gotta love the discount) and we were Atlanta bound.

It is amazing how less than 24 hours away can completely relax you and take your mind away from everything you have to do: an endless list of laundry, lunches, client meetings, phone calls to return, etc! We had an absolute blast and I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed like that in WAY TOO long! We shopped 'till we dropped finally stopping long enough for a 10:30 PM dinner (hey we have priorities!)

Thank you to my girls for an unforgettable weekend away and for a renewing start to the new year! I can't wait for our next get-a-way...where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment