Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bed Rest Fun!

Well...I've made it. 8 weeks and counting since I was put on bed rest and we're happy to report that Ashton has decided to stay in long enough to grow and get healthy. Now that we are just days away from 36 weeks, the doctors are thrilled we've made it this far. Every day from here is just icing on the cake.

I've gotten a lot of questions from people asking me how in the world I have laid in bed for 8 weeks. Although not easy I have managed to stay busy, accomplishing a lot of things that have been on my "To-do List" for quite a while and I also found varying my activities each day helped pass the hours. I'll admit, I did do A LOT of online shopping but in addition, here is a "short list" of what I did to keep myself busy:

- Read a total of 7 books
- Knitted 4 scarves
- Completed our Cancun shutterfuly book (from our April trip), started two other books and finally got our blog completely updated including pictures from 6 months ago
- Pinned 358 ideas on pinterest...of which at least 300 probably will never come to fruition
- Ate 4 boxes of milk Duds and an uncountable amount of hot tamales...my only real pregnancy craving

But seriously...I owe my "survival" to my wonderful husband, great friends and many visits from my mom and a week visit with Grandpa and Grandma Fosdick. Patrick has selflessly taken on the role of Daddy, Mommy, maid, chef, dog walker and much more. We are so lucky he has taken such good care of us all. Thank you! I NEVER would have made it this far without your support, constant care and your catering to my every whim and need.


Lunch in bed with my little man- when I look at him I realize this is all worth it!

Playing Elmo...he's mastered the computer and iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment