Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Surprise, Surprise!


The Boys

All dressed up- Run for the Roses 2010

Rhet & Scarlett!

They fit in great as Southerners!

True Southern Belles!

WOW! What started out as a normal Saturday morning for us ended in a weekend full of surprises. Yes- its official... My parents, Patrick and my good friends the Marinos pulled a suprise birthday visit on me! Patrick and I had just arrived home from a trip to the local farmer's market and I was trying to get Parker fed and down for his nap. My parents were already waiting at our house, I was thinking they were just here to visit and to babysit so Patrick and I could go out. My mom called me from the kitchen and said "come here, I have something to show you..." because I was stressing (like I usually do when Parker is off his schedule) I said, "Just hang on a sec..." and continued to go about the necessary steps to get Parker's lunch ready. Next thing I know I look up and see Nicole and Johnny walking into my kitchen. I was SO SHOCKED!!!! This is the first REAL surprise I think I have ever had- I probably looked freaked out! Within the next five minutes Patrick informed me that my parents were actually there to take Parker for the weekend, that Coley and I were heading to a massage appointment and that I needed to take Monday off because they were going to be here all weekend!

There is something comforting about being in the prescence of a life-long friend. It just seems like evrything is OK when you have them close by. We had such a great time relaxing and catching up.

On Saturday after our wonderfully relaxing massages we headed to the 2nd annual Derby Party. I think Johnny & Nicole fit right in- everyone reminded them all night long that there are plenty of empty lots available in the Farm...we will just cross our fingers that Trader Joes comes to Greenville and gives them an offer they can't refuse!

On Sunday the boys headed to Thornblade for a round of golf and Coley and I enjoyed a lazy, sun-filled lunch in downtown Greenville. We enjoyed exploring Falls Park and even took the time to stop for some yummy frozen yougurt. That evening we headed back downtown with the boys for sushi and cocktails, then dinner at Soby's and a final night cap and Espresso Martinis at High Cotton.

This was my first weekend away from Parker for something other than work and it was so nice knowing I had nothing to worry about- he was in good hands with Nana and Grandpa. Thank you to Patrick, my parents and Johnny & Nicole for making my pre-30th birthday celebration such a great weekend to remember! I love you all!










1 comment:

  1. We were so lucky to be able to spend the weekend with the Halpin family. Happy Birthday Ange! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete